We’re going to let you in on a little secret: denim skirts are totally in right now. They’re the perfect way to add a touch of casual-chic to your wardrobe, and they look great with just about everything. But if you’re going to be wearing one, you’ll need to know how to pair it with the right tops.
- Plain T-Shirt: A plain t-shirt is always a good choice when you’re pairing it with denim. It’s easy, simple and still cute. Just make sure that you don’t wear it too tight or too short.
- Cropped Top: Cropped tops are an awesome way to get in on the cropped top trend without looking like you’re trying too hard. You can pair these with shorts, jeans or even leggings depending on how you want your outfit to look. Make sure that your top will cover any bra straps so that they aren’t exposed if you decide to go braless!
- Blazer: Blazers are always great for dressing up any outfit, but especially denim skirts because they give off a more professional vibe than other tops might do on their own (like say…a crop top). You can also pair them with other pieces like dress pants or even skirts themselves if you want something edgier than just jeans alone!
- Embroidered Shirt: Embroidered shirts are all the rage right now, so why not pair yours with a denim skirt?
- A simple tee shirt or tank top—the key is that it’s thin enough that you can still see your bra underneath.
- A blouse—just make sure it’s not too blousy because then it will look like you’re trying too hard!
- A button-down shirt—this is another great option for those who want something more than just jeans and a tee shirt but don’t want anything too formal either (and who doesn’t?). If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then this is definitely an option worth considering!