If you’re over 40 and looking for a pair of joggers, you are not alone. While joggers used to be considered a trendy style that only young people wore, more and more women over 40 are discovering the comfort, versatility, and confidence that come with wearing joggers.
What Are Joggers?
Joggers are loose-fitting pants that look like sweatpants but have elasticized cuffs at the ankles. They are made from cotton or a cotton blend fabric. Because they’re so comfortable and easy to wear, they’re perfect for running errands or lounging around the house but also work well for casual occasions like going out for dinner or visiting friends.
Why Do Women Over 40 Wear Joggers?
There are many reasons why women over 40 choose to wear joggers:
* They’re comfortable and flattering
* They can be worn with sneakers or heels depending on your mood or the occasion
* They can be dressed up or down depending on what other pieces you pair them with
* They are versatile enough to wear when you need something comfy but still want to look put-together
You’re not over the hill yet. You can still wear joggers.
Joggers are perfect for the casual, laid-back look you’re going for—and they’re also great for keeping your legs warm in winter.
But if you’re concerned about your age, or worried that you’ll look ridiculous wearing them, don’t be! Here are some tips for how to wear joggers over 40:
1) Know your body shape and what looks good on it
2) Don’t buy a pair of joggers that are too tight—they need to be loose enough so that they don’t show off every lump and bump on your legs
3) Don’t try to wear them with anything too high-waisted or tight-fitting (like leggings or jeans), because it will make you look bigger than you are!
What tops to wear with joggers for 40 year old woman
Have you been looking for a new way to dress up your jogger pants? We’ve got you covered!
We’ve put together a list of what tops to wear with joggers, so you can look cute while doing something active.
1. A button-down shirt: Button-downs are great because they let you play around with different styles and patterns on the same piece of clothing. You can dress it up with a pair of heels, or downplay the look with sneakers and leggings. Plus, they’re easy to layer as well—just add a blazer and voila! You have yourself an outfit.
2. A graphic tee: Graphic tees offer another way to make your jogger pants look stylish without having to worry about layering too many pieces together (which makes them perfect for summer weather). One of our favorites is this “Just Keep Swimming” one from Free People (pictured below).
3. A denim jacket: Denim jackets are perfect for transitions between seasons; they offer some protection from the cold but not too much insulation that will make you sweat once temperatures rise again (remember: we’re talking about summer here!).
4. A lightweight knit sweater is a great way to add some warmth without adding bulk. Try one in a neutral color, like grey or black, that will go with almost everything.
5. If you’re looking to add some color, an open cardigan is a great option. Pick one in a bright hue that coordinates with your jogger pants or shorts and you’ll be set for the day!
6. A striped tee shirt is another great option—it can be worn with or without sleeves and goes with just about everything! So whether you’re headed out on a run or just hanging out around the house, this top will be perfect for any occasion!
What Shoes To Wear With Jogger Pants For Woman Over 40
Wear your joggers with…
1. Sneakers: sneakers are a great way to style your joggers, especially if you’re on the go and need to be able to run if necessary.
2. Heels: heels can be worn with joggers if they’re low enough—just make sure they’re not too high, or else they’ll make your legs look shorter!
3. Booties: booties are also a great option for pairing with joggers, especially in the wintertime, when you need an extra layer of warmth and comfort on your feet but don’t want to wear socks in public (which could be gross). If you don’t have a pair of boots at home already, try going shopping right now!