If you’re a 50-year-old woman and you’re looking for a casual summer outfit, we have something for you.
We’ve put together a list of outfits that will make you look great, feel great, and still be able to keep up with your kids when they run off to do something exciting and important.
You don’t have to sacrifice style just because you’re getting older—you can still wear cool clothes! Just keep these tips in mind when shopping for your summer outfits:
- A pair of jeans with holes in them is not going to cut it these days. You should be wearing jeans that fit properly and are flattering on your figure. If you need help finding some that are both flattering and affordable, try shopping at American Eagle Outfitters or Levi’s.
- You don’t need to wear socks with sandals anymore—sneakers are acceptable footwear for almost any occasion now (even if you’re going out on the town). And sneakers are pretty cheap—you can get them at Target or Walmart!
- Go bold in an animal print dress—it’s perfect for summer parties on the beach! Pair it with strappy sandals and eye-catching jewelry like colorful bangles or necklaces made out of shells from your last vacation.
- The best way to look good when it’s hot outside? Keep things simple: keep your hair up in a ponytail or bun—you’ll be surprised how much cooler you feel!
- Don’t be afraid of color. The world is your oyster when it comes to color—you’ve already got plenty of experience with black, white, and grey, so let’s make some waves with some bright hues! If you’re feeling bold, try out some reds or purples. If you’d rather start small, opt for a blue or green instead. You’ll be surprised how much more confident you feel when you wear something that stands out from the crowd.
- If you’re more into classic clothes than loud patterns, stick with classic silhouettes like dresses and blazers, but add pops of color in places like the shoes or lipstick so people know to look twice at what’s on top!